- After the General Body meeting of PPS, a special General Body meeting of Pakistan Psychiatric Society was held in the evening of 27th December 2014, on the occasion of 20th International Psychiatric Conference of PPS in Karachi
- This meeting was chaired by Dr Mazhar Malik, President PPS and was co-ordinated by Dr Ghulam Rasool General secretary PPS. 42 members attended this meeting.
- The one point agenda of this meeting was to discuss the procedure to be adopted to bring necessary changes in constitution whenever required.
- The procedure for constitutional changes, written in the constitution, is to get approval of 2/3rd members of PPS attending the General Body meeting but it is a usual sight that attendance of General body meeting does not reach even 100 members so it was very difficult to get presence of the required 2/3rd members of PPS for any proposed constitutional amendment.
- This matter was discussed in detail—some members insisted that the procedure mentioned in the constitution should be followed even if required number of members do not turn up in General Body meetings but the majority of members suggested that in the case where adequate members of PPS do not attend General Body Meeting an opinion can be taken from all members of PPS by email and the decision can be taken on the response of emails, sent to members.
- It was decided by General Body that an e mail would be sent to all members by PPS general Secretary seeking opinion regarding proposed constitutional changes. This e mail would contain the draft of present constitution and the draft of proposed constitution. The decision would be taken after getting responses of this email from members. If there is no response from the member for a period of two weeks the response would be considered yes in the favor of proposed changes in constitution. All the members of PPS present in this meeting agreed with this proposal.
- The President & General Secretary thanked all members for their presence and their participation in the proceedings of the meeting.